Marketing for Romance Writers.Org is excited to announce our annual “Write-place, Write-time” Submissions event scheduled for September 8th and 9th, 2012.
We have an amazing panel of Publishers and Editors ready to give YOU, aspiring authors or seasoned authors, an opportunity to “pitch your dreams” to a listening audience.
BUT…that ever tricky timing can be a slippery little rascal. So, for you - MFRW is providing a platform of:
...the publisher/editor of your dreams steps through the door. Your heart is pumping, your hands are clammy and you know you have a limited amount of time to tell this person about the next New York Times Best Seller for which you have just assigned those coveted words "the end".
MFRW brings you that elevator moment.
OUR NINETEENTH SPOTLIGHT OF THE MANY PARTICIPATING PUBLISHERS/EDITORS: SILVER STREAM PRESS
Who is Silver Stream Press?
Silver Stream Press, is a division of Silver Publishing, offers readers mainstream romance and fiction. These general audience stories offer content commonly found in traditional bookstores—romance, action, thriller, suspense and so much more while excluding explicit sexual or graphic content. Additionally, this division of our publishing umbrella offers Young Adult fiction. Although these stories are enjoyed by all age ranges, their content is tailored with teenage readers in mind.
We do not offer advances. In exchange, however, we pay 50% net on royalties earned for book sales from direct sales on the Silver Stream website or from one of our distribution partners.
SILVER PUBLISHING WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES TO AUTHORS:
• Editorial Service
• Exclusive Book Cover Art
• ISBN for your book
• Promotional Assistance for your book
• Auto removal of your book from various pirate sites
The above services are at no cost to the author.
An exclusive cover will be used for manuscripts with a word count of 15,001 or more, excepting special submissions where a generic cover is a part of the submission (for example, Summer Heat).
• All Romance Ebooks
• 1Romance e-Books
• Barnes & Noble
• Apple iPad (iBookstore)
• And many more other online distributors!
• Sparkle: 5,000 – 15,000 words
• Novella: 15,001 – 25,999 words
• Novel-Lite: 26,000 – 45,999 words
• Novel: 46,000 words and up
Our Book Standards
SSP accepts both mainstream romance and non-romance fiction.
We are interested first and foremost in books that have a story to tell for both the traditional mainstream audience and for the next generation of book lovers, our Young Adult audience.
We accept both stand-alone and well-developed series. We have several exclusions.
Erotic or graphic sexual content.
Incest. Specifically, sexual relationships/interaction between blood relatives.
Pedophilia. Specifically, sexual interaction between adults and under aged characters.
Necrophilia. Specifically, sexual interaction between characters and corpses. (Undead is fine.)
Bestiality. Specifically, sexual interaction between characters and animals (not shifters).
Rape for titillation. That is, rape specifically written to arouse the reader.
Rape is acceptable in the following instances:
If it is not arousing and is used by a character (the non-hero or -heroine of the story) to demonstrate malicious intent
If it is referenced in the character’s past
• CONTEMPORARY – modern day love stories with strong characters
• HISTORICAL – love stories dating back in time which remain within the same era (no time travel); Vikings, Medieval, Tudors, Elizabethan, Regency, Pirate, Colonial, Americana, etc.
• PARANORMAL – vampires, werewolves, shifters, zombies, boogie men, etc.
• WESTERNS – Cowboys, ranchers, and Native Americans.
• BDSM – bondage, discipline, dominance, submission, sadomasochism (must be Safe, Sane, and consensual).
• MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/ACTION – detectives/police/investigators (anyone with a badge), fast-paced thrillers, political thrillers, mystery, crime thriller, suspense, espionage, and in-the-field stories.
• SCI-FI – Science fiction, urban worlds, futuristic, time travel, and alternate reality.
• FANTASY – magic, dragons, elves, fairies, myths, etc.
• STEAMPUNK – science fiction/fantasy with social or technological aspects of the 19th century and a punk twist
• HOLIDAY STORIES – Valentine’s Day, Halloween, or Christmas
Submitting a Proposal
Unsolicited manuscripts are accepted at any time via electronic file. No hard copy, printed manuscripts accepted via snail mail.
We request that you submit your proposal with the following criteria:
A SUBMISSION WITH:
Your legal name and pen name, if applicable
Working Title, including Series name, if applicable
Word count (or expected word count if not completed)
A succinct summary providing an overall summary of the story, characters, major events, climax and conclusion. This is not a blurb, but a synopsis. Please limit your summary to a maximum of three paragraphs.
FORMATTING YOUR SUBMISSION
Please follow these simple formatting guidelines.
Manuscripts will be accepted in the following formats: .docx, .doc, .rtf, and .txt
1.5 line spacing.
Standard 12 pt serif font such as Times New Roman is preferred.
1 inch margins (left, right, top and bottom) with a 0 .5 indent for the first line of each paragraph only.
No “tabs” or spacing to indent the first paragraph line are to be used. Manuscripts with tab and space indents will be rejected immediately.
Page numbers on the bottom center of each page.
Header of manuscript must contain author name and title. Example: Book Title by Author Name
All submissions must be spell-checked and edited based on US English or UK English grammar and spelling standards. (Regional words and slang are accepted when appropriate.)
SUBMISSION NOTES & TIMELINES:
Current submission read time is approximately 6-8 weeks.
Upon review, editors may request more than the partial manuscript for the preliminary evaluation.
A complete manuscript will be required before a contract is offered.
All contracts are electronically exchanged via email.
CLICK HERE!! For more information and detail to submit your manuscript to this publisher click here for further instruction on this event.
These Submission Guidelines are subject to change without notice