- Share updates on your books.
- Serialize your writing by putting out a few chapters of a "free read" monthly.
- Share interesting information on your research.
- Provide character summaries.
- Host your characters for guest posts.
- Share inspiring or funny observations.
- Create a personal column to give readers insight into you as a person. For example, I write "Queen of my Kingdom" monthly about my family.
- Announce personal appearance, book signings and conferences.
- Share books you've enjoyed reading... or movies, if you're a movie buff.
- Host other authors in your genre. Make these more than promos. Perhaps a theme authors can participate in. For example, I do BOOKSauthorsREAD and invite authors to be my guests.
- Partner with other authors for a group blog if you don't want to manage your own.
- Participate in memes.
This is just a short list. Help us make it longer... what do you blog about that might inspire other authors?
Paloma Beck is a Romance Author living a life of contradiction... she's a happily married carpooling mom writing sexy romance. It's almost naughty! Paloma writes full-time and has three series in the works with others on the fringes. Her books span both the contemporary and paranormal romance genres.
Paloma serves as MFRW's Blog Director.